Friday, October 03, 2008

Why My Life Is So Good!

Yeah, so even though it looks like my college career is being extended by another year (it's a long story), life is still pretty good. Let's look at a few of the reasons why my life is so good right now:

  1. I just bought a car! It's a white '94 Honda Accord LX. She's a beaute! My Benz killed over during the summer...I'm glad I'm done driving it; I don't think you're supposed to always have a knot in your stomach every time you drive your car. That's bad.
  2. I'm living in a new complex! 3 years in the same complex as a single person is just too long. Change feels good. Plus this ward seems to yield a greater amount of girls older than 20-21. Although I personally believe no ward will ever top or replace the BYU 106th ward, it feels good to be in a different environment.
  3. I'm taking my advanced SCUBA class! Plus, I have an awesome diving partner (too bad she has a boyfriend...I really hope she doesn't get around to reading this - that'd be kinda awkward...I guess I know how Jim Halpert felt for awhile, right?).
  4. A new season of The Office has begun! I cheered when Jim proposed to Pam in the rain. Out loud.
  5. My dating life isn't so bleak so far! My first date in almost 6 months happened this past Tuesday. It was a blind date. This weekend I have another blind date. Next weekend I have yet another blind date. If I ever make it down to St George, I'll have another blind date waiting for me. As it got nearer to heading back to Provo, it seemed as though all of my friends suddenly became concerned about the eternal welfare of my soul and wanted to give me a jump start on the wife-search...and I'm okay with that. I say, "Bring it on."
  6. My sister flies out for Thanksgiving! She gets in the Thursday before the week of Thanksgiving, will hang out with me in Provo that whole weekend and through Monday, then we are off to Idaho, where my bro and his wife and kids are. We'll be there for the week. This will be the first time the kids do their own Thanksgiving away from home. A new tradition has just begun. I'm stoked!
  7. General Conference is this weekend! I'm heading up to SLC for the Saturday sessions and probably priesthood as well. It looks like it'll be just me for the trip, but I'm okay with that...I'll probably enjoy the alone time immensely, and the chances of getting a conference ticket for one are probably greater anyway. Sunday I'll be at a friend's family's house watching conference there (and eating strawberry waffles - yum).
  8. A family I baptized in Germany isn't inactive after all! Last I had heard (a while back) this mother and son had gone inactive. I recently found out from my last comp, Elder Jones, that they are active, they just go to the Heidelberg ward instead of the Mannheim ward. That makes me happy. I hope she's working toward going to the temple now.
  9. I keep my job! Last winter semester I interviewed LDS Germans in Utah for a research project. I get to do the exact same thing this semester!
  10. I'm serving in the community! Every Wednesday morning I volunteer at Provo High for an hour and a half and help students improve their reading. It's pretty rewarding and I enjoy it immensely.
  11. I have amazing friends! I've been pretty blessed to be around awesome people. I have great friends, and I've been starting some really good friendships this semester as well (yes, that means you too).
Anyway, those are just a few things. Most of them are just on the surface. I think it's just from living life and trying to be the best I can be that the joy comes.

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Amen! Life is good! :) I'm glad you have so many things to be thankful for...and good friends to set you up on dates! It was fun to hang out with you guys. Hope you're having a great week!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

It sounds like life is treating you well...you deserve it...I'm also glad to hear you have so many looking out for your Eternal welfare! You be sure to let us know when something happens in that department! :)

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I hope that girl doesn't find this blog either, that would be really embarrassing. Good thing the class is over huh.

Unknown said...

Mike, that's awesome! I'm so happy that you're loving life so much! And I better be one of those friends that you're counting :)